Dr Sam talks about what is happening in NZ in regards to COVID-19 and important information you should know about the COVID-19 PCR Test.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a type of coronavirus.
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
The symptoms of COVID-19 are:
* a cough
* a high temperature (at least 38°C)
* shortness of breath.
These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have COVID-19. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
Shortness of breath is a sign of possible pneumonia and requires immediate medical attention.
How Coronavirus spreads?
COVID-19, like the flu, can be spread from person to person. When a person who has COVID-19 coughs, sneezes or talks, they may spread droplets containing the virus a short distance, which quickly settle on surrounding surfaces.
That’s why it’s really important to use good hygiene, regularly wash and thoroughly dry your hands, and use good cough etiquette.
Websites & References mentioned:
1. Professor Michael Baker on lockdown being an experiment: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&
2. International Media Praising NZ 100 Days Covid Free: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53715084
3. COVID pop up surveillance testing: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/122388378/hundreds-of-cantabrians-are-tested-for-covid19-at-popup-facility
4. New Cases Unknown Source Ministry of Health: https://www.health.govt.nz/news-media/media-releases/4-cases-covid-19-unknown-source
5. Impact of Influenza Vaccination on Seasonal Mortality in the US Elderly Population. Arch Intern Med. 2005;165(3):265-272. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486407
6. 1918 Influenza: the Mother of All Pandemics. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006 Jan; 12(1): 15–22. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3291398/
Subscribe for new videos ▶https://www.youtube.com/c/DrSamBailey
I'm a kiwi doctor who wants to make it easier for people to fix common health problems. I work as a family doctor in New Zealand.
Send business/sponsorship inquiries to email@example.com